petak, 5. prosinca 2014.

French Coconut Pie


French Coconut Pie from Very Culinary

















I’m troubled over here, people. With all sorts of heavy stuff on my mind.

Like, when I’m paying for my groceries by credit card, why do they always say “sign here” for your receipt…as if I don’t know to do this? And upon exiting Costco, why oh why do they make you show your receipt? – they never look at the detailed list, and they never look in my cart (and p.s. I think this could possibly be one of the worst jobs ever.)

Forgive me if you, in fact, work at Costco and are in charge of checking receipts – I sincerely hope you don’t go home at the end of the day and violently stab things with a fork.

Also, I found this pie over at Tasty Kitchen. And I am so beyond perplexed at one of the reviews, which was really poor. I’m confused. Dumbfounded. Saddened.

The minute I saw the picture, the ingredients, and the unbelievable easy prep, I dashed to the pantry to make sure I had coconut. An hour and 15 minutes later, this pie was sitting out, cooling. Taunting me.

It finally set enough to where I could cut into it.
Sweet and sublime. The inside is smooth with slight texture from the coconut, and the outside is buttery and crispy. It was so wonderful that I even interrupted Paul on the phone so he could take a bite…he then motioned me to leave the plate. I have no idea what’s French about this pie. And I. Don’t. Care.

That woman who left the negative review – she’s crazy.

This pie is dangerous. Marvelously dangerous.

French Coconut Pie

Serves 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 cup flaked coconut
• 1 stick butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• pinch of salt
• 1 (9 inch) Pillsbury refrigerated pie shell

Directions
Mix filling ingredients well and pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Let cool and set before slicing.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar